Dr. William D. Horton is an award winning hypnotist and NLP trainer. Dr. Horton is a renowned expert on the inner workings of the human mind. That is why he is known as ” The Mind Master.” He has a doctorate in Clinical Psychology and has been a keynote speaker and presenter at conferences all over the world.
Dr. Horton brings all this into the most dynamic hypnosis shows that have been produced to date. He is the “Hypnotists Hypnotist” doing shows at hypnosis conferences.
He has been on over 200 radio and television shows speaking about hypnosis and his award winning tape program “Designing Your Destiny.” He also has a featured column in “The Journal of Hypnotism” (the largest hypnosis trade). He is also the author of the new book, “Primary Objective.””The Mind Master Hypnosis Shows” are fresh and exciting. It has been called sensational, and it is all done with dignity and good taste.
THE MIND MASTER – DR. WILLIAM D. HORTON has been the featured presenter at conferences, seminars, and entertainment weekends for years. He has been thrilling audiences with his fascinating, humorous, and dynamic hypnotic routines.
Audience participation is the bedrock of Dr. Horton’s show, and it is amazing to see how captivated the spectators are by his ease and humorous ability in gaining deep audience acceptance to his show. Being a dynamic performer, he radiates a confidence to his subjects and audience that gets them involved, always maintaining dignity and respect for them and his act.
Because Dr. William D. Horton’s shows are such an amazing experience, audiences return time and time again to see the “Hypnotists Hypnotist.”
- Doctor of Psychology, (Psy.D.) 1992 Clinical Psychology, Newport University
- Master of Arts, 1990 Psychology, N.U.
- B.G.S. `1984, Sociology and Theatre, Indiana University
- List of Outstanding College Seniors 1983, Honors at I.U.
- Certificates Held:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, California
- Fellow at the American College of Advanced Practice of Psychologists
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Hypnosis Trainer
- California Psychological Association
- Indiana Psychological Association
- Prescribing Psychologist Register
- National Federation of Neuro Linguistic Psychology
- International Guild of Professional Consultants
- Special Training:
- FBI Hostage/Crisis Negotiation course at the FBI Academy, Quantico.
- Sales and Training Experience:
- Corporate Sales and Management Training for the International Guild of Professional consultants. Trained Sales and Management personnel (and some military and government officials) in the Psychology or sales. How to use Rapid Rapport techniques, Hypnotic sales language, anchoring positive outcomes, and subconscious communication techniques. Also how to manage your own physical response to cold calls and rejection. Taught the basic uses of NLP in the business world nationwide in weekend seminars. 1994 to present.
- International Trainer of NLP for Sales, communication, Management, and Therapists. Trained various people in the art and science of NLP for therapy, sales, management, and general business applications. This teaches how your brain processes information, true subconscious communication techniques. Taught seminars in all parts of the US, as well as New Zealand, Canada, and India. Students are in all parts of the world. 1993 to present.
- Director National Federation of Neuro Linguistic Psychology. Founded and developed NFNLP, an organization that provides user friendly NLP training. Put together seminars and designed training for various formats. Oversaw development of the Web Pages, NFNLP and NLP Today, and its newsletter. Trained over one thousand in NLP since 1992. Lead NLP Trainer for several Hypnosis organizations.
- Teaching Psychology at Indiana Technical and Vocational college, Hypnosis at INDIANA UNIVERSITY as well as seminars and conferences nation wide. Sales and sales management for sorbus, and Quantron technologies, sold computer maintenance programs for large mainframe operations. From cold calls to customer account follow up. 1982 to 1988 IBM sold office products 1980 to 1982.
- Clinical Experience:
- Clinical Hypnosis Centers, Northwest Indiana, private practice. Assessment and treatment of a wide range of Hypnosis and NLP applications, (Sports, weight loss, smoking, alcohol and drug addiction, etc.) 1990 to 1999. Hypnotized over 10,000 people.
- KKISS, Keeping Kids in Safe Surroundings, Michigan City In. Psychological testing and evaluations. Oversaw family therapy and behavior modification programs. Feb 1995 to Jan 1996 (funding cut)
- Charter Hospital, Outpatient Unit, Hobart in Testing, evaluations and treatments of all addictions and related psychological problems. June1992 to Sept 1994.
- Governors Commission for a Drug Free Indiana, Regional Director. Developed, funded and ran local alcohol/drug awareness programs. Handled planning and volunteer efforts. Jan 1991 to Jan 1992.
- TASC (Treatment Alternatives for Street Crimes) Aids educator and counselor. Developed and ran AIDS education program for high-risk populations, Jails, Detox & Treatment Programs, and homeless Centers. June 1988 to May 1990. Grant ended.
- 2001 Educator of the Year International Association of Counselors and Therapists
- 2000 Journalism Award National Guild of Hypnotists
- 1998 Presidents Award from the International Association of Counselors and Therapists for Outstanding Contributions to the fields of Hypnosis and NLP
- 1998 Raffa Award from the International Hypnosis Hall of Fame (their highest Award) for Dedication and the Pursuit of Excellence.
- 1998 Pen and Quill Award from the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association.
- Publications: Regular Featured articles in:
- Journal of Hypnotism
- Unlimited Human
- Subconsciously Speaking
- Florida Hypnotist
- The Federation Log (NFNLP)
- Martial Arts & Combat Sports
- “Primary Objective, Neuro Linguistic Psychology and Guerilla Warfare” ISBN 1-57353-116-2 published by Eschaton Books Chicago 1998 Soon to be released “Psychology of Sales: Pelican Press
- International Guild of Professional consultants 1994 to present.
- Indiana Psychological Association 1997
- National Guild of Hypnotists 1991 through 2001
- International Association of Counselors and Therapists 1997-2001
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association 1996-2000
- Illinois Alcohol and other Drug Abuse Professional Cert. Assoc. 1994
- Midwest Hypnosis convention 1992-1999
- Southeast Hypnosis convention 1995-1996
- International Hypnosis Hall of Fame 1998
- Rotary, Optimists and various local business and civic organizations.
- Black Belt in Shoto Kan Karate and RYU KYU Kempo
- US ARMY 1975-76 Navy Reserve 1983-86
- Indiana National Gueard 1987